Vienna February 2008

In February 2008 I visited three friends whom I knew from my exchange semester at the University of Miami start of 2007.

For my weekend trip to Vienna there is only one appropriate description: „ua leiwand“! Thanks again Georg and Stefan, you made my stay really unforgettable! It is great and I am pleased to have so cool and nice friends.

After I came flying in to Vienna from Hamburg Georg picked me up from the airport and we went to his place near the Neusiedler lake. Thanks again to Conny for hosting me and greetings to Nicki (sorry for taking his room)! The next day we made a trip to the lake and took a long walk. Luckily the weather was really nice that day. After that we went to downtown Vienna to have lunch and strolled around the city afterwards. I am always fascinated again when I come to Vienna and I really love the city. The city is just so beautiful and you can feel culture and tradition more than in many cities in Europe. We talked a little bit about the important things in Vienna that means “Fiaker” and “Palatschinken”. After that we visited Georg’s Dad Waldemar and the lovely Gabi. If you get a chance to read this, thanks again you two for the warm welcome and the great hospitality. Now I know the reason why Georg comes back to Mohsgasse so offen ; )

In the evening we went for dinner and met Amy. Amy was our former exchange coordinator at the University of Miami who is now living and working in Vienna. It was great to see you again Amy. Let me know what you are up to, or stop by in Germany some time. It was good to see everyone back together like one year before in Miami at Fritz and Frantz Brauhaus. Well the food was better that time : ) …….. but beside that everything was pretty much the same.

The next day Stefan and I went to the castle of Schönbrunn. The weather was really shi…. but we did not care. After that we had a great running sushi until both of us were filled up to the collar. I really have problems in remembering when in my life I have been eating so much. We topped the weekend off by watching a great horror movie. But seriously Stefan I think some moments my heart stood still and I don’t know if I will ever be able to do a cave expedition. So all in all it can be stated:


“A boa dog bei de Hawara in Wien, lernst as lebn as feiern und as sterbn!”

Thanks again guys you are the best

Keine Kommentare: